This site is currently inactive.
The owner of this site has chosen to deactivate this section and use it for demo purposes only. Links and other features on this site are currently unavailable.
2020 Scavenger Hunt
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
2. PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND DECISIONS, CONSENT TO USE AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS. By entering this sweepstakes, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by all sweepstakes rules ("Official Rules") and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the sweepstakes. Participation in this sweepstakes constitutes participant's full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of CNHI, LLC, the Meadville Tribune and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents (collectively, "CNHI"), which are final, binding and non-negotiable in all respects. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless CNHI and its subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers from any liability arising from or related to the sweepstakes and/or the receipt or use of a prize awarded in connection with the sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Further, participant fully and unconditionally releases all claims for consideration, copyright infringement and all other claims of any nature relating to the use of participant's entry, name or likeness.
3. ELIGIBILITY. This sweepstakes is open to legal, permanent U.S. residents 18 years of age and older, excluding residents of Rhode Island. Proof of age and identity must be furnished upon request. Employees, agents, independent contractors and affiliates of CNHI and immediate family members of all such persons, are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes. CNHI reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, suspend or amend this sweepstakes at any time for any reason without prior notice. CNHI further reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, at its sole discretion. CNHI reserves the right to disqualify any participant for any reason, including, but not limited to, violation of these Official Rules or infringement of the rights of a third-party. This promotion is void where prohibited by law. CNHI is not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in any material associated with the sweepstakes.
4. TO ENTER. This sweepstakes will run between 12:01 a.m. EST on October 1, 2020 until 11:59 a.m. EST on October 31, 2020 ("Sweepstakes Period").
A. Entry Form: The official entry form will be published on the following days in The Meadville Tribune: October 1, 7, 14, 21, and 28 of 2020. Participants may also print out a copy of the official form on our website at http://meadvilletribune.qrsite.com/directory-article.php?sect=306&cat=306&art=6807&219. In connection with the entry, participants will be required to provide information including, without limitation, their first and last name, postal address, birth date and e-mail address. Automated entries or entries generated by robots or scripts are prohibited and will result in immediate disqualification of any and all associated entrants.
B. Mail-in Entry: To enter via postal mail, participants must mail a legibly handwritten, 3" x 5" card with your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and the words "2020 Scavenger Hunt," insert the card into an envelope and mail it with sufficient postage to: The Meadville Tribune, 2020 Scavenger Hunt Entry, 947 Federal Court, Meadville, PA 16335. DO NOT SEND ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS. Each entry must be mailed in a separate stamped outer mailing envelope with the participant's first and last name, street address, city, state and zip or postal code, legibly hand printed in the upper left hand corner of the outer envelope. Entries that are sent in business reply envelopes, that utilize address labels or stickers (for any address), that are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically or digitally produced or reproduced, or that are not mailed in separate outer stamped mailing envelopes will NOT be honored.
Entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules will NOT be honored. All entries must be received no later than midnight on November 2, 2020 ("Entry Deadline") to be eligible to win a prize ("Eligible Entry"). To be an Eligible Entry, participants must mail or drop off their official entry form to:
The Meadville Tribune
2020 Scavenger Hunt Entry
947 Federal Court
Meadville, PA 16335
5. HOW TO WIN. On November 13, 2020 (the "Drawing Date"), one (1) Eligible Entry will be chosen randomly for the Grand Prize; and nineteen (19) Eligible Entries will be chosen randomly for one of the Second Place Prizes. A winner need not be present to win. A participant can only win once during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit of one winner per household.
6. PRIZE. The Grand Prize is Three Hundred Dollars ($300 U.S.). The Second Place Prize is a Ten Dollar ($10 U.S.) gift card/certificate to a participating business. There will be a total of nineteen (19) Second Place Prizes. The approximate retail value of all prizes throughout the Sweepstakes Period is Four Hundred and Ninety Dollars ($490.00 U.S.). No Prize may be transferred or substituted by a participant. CNHI reserves the right to change any actual prize at any time during the sweepstakes. In this event, every effort will be made to provide a prize of like estimated value. CNHI does not warrant or make any representations in connection with the prize, express or implied. Any gift cards awarded as prizes are not redeemable for cash except where required by law. Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be replaced. There are no service fees or expiration dates connected with the use of the gift cards. To check a card balance follow the instructions on the gift card. All costs and expenses not specified in the above prize descriptions, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. The provided approximate retail value of each of the prizes is an approximation. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of any prize will not be awarded. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded, and if by reason of an error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
7. IDENTIFICATION OF WINNER. The Meadville Tribune will announce winners on November 25, 2020 in The Meadville Tribune. The winners' names may be requested by printing your name, address, phone number, and the words "Request for winners' names – The 2020 Cabin Fever Scavenger Hunt" on a 3" x 5" card, inserting the card into an envelope and mailing it to: The Meadville Tribune, attn: Heidi Gebhardt, 947 Federal Court, Meadville, PA 16335. The Meadville Tribune will contact the winning participants by phone or e-mail by the information provided on the Eligible Entry within one week from the drawing date. A winning participant must accept the prize in person at The Meadville Tribune office, 947 Federal Court, Meadville, PA 16335, by appointment and showing valid ID. He/she must first sign the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and a copy of these Official Rules. No Prize will be awarded until such documentation is received by The Meadville Tribune. A winning participant is responsible for any taxes associated with the award of a prize.
8. SPONSOR: This sweepstakes is sponsored and promoted by CNHI, LLC located at 201 Monroe Street, Ste. 450, Montgomery, AL 36104 and the Meadville Tribune located at 947 Federal Court, Meadville, PA 16335.
9. ODDS: The odds of winning a prize will depend upon the number of entries received, but CNHI expects that at least 300 entries will be submitted; consequently, your odds of winning a prize are expected to be less than 1 in 300.
10. MISCELLANEOUS. Everything for this sweepstakes is provided as is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. By entering, participants consent to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Meadville, Pennsylvania, in all disputes arising out of or related to these rules or this sweepstakes. This sweepstakes is governed and construed under the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, excluding its conflict of laws principles.